What DFU stands for:
- The Dunedin Free University is committed to the exchange and discussion of ideas, as well as intellectual rigourThe Dunedin Free University is based on the belief that participants have a willingness to contribute to collaborative knowledges
- The Dunedin Free University stands for equality and the possibility of exploring alternative perspectives generated through a free and open exchange of ideas
- The Dunedin Free University is free and accessible. It remains politically and economically autonomous from political parties and organisations, government, private bodies, universities and NGOs
- The Dunedin Free University is committed to maintaining an open and accessible archive of DFU discussions
- The Dunedin Free University is an alternative to the exclusive and outcome oriented education sector, enabling the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake, and thereby freedom
- The Dunedin Free University provides a safe and welcoming space for participants*.
*as outlined in our ground rules.